Online Instruction Classroom Syllabus
VIDEO RECORDING INSTUCTIONS
- Please record your video in landscape view (not portrait).
- Make sure we can see you and your instrument.
- Band: You, the instrument, and both hands (or trombone slide).
- Orchestra: Your left hand (fingerboard), and your right hand (bow grip).
- Practice with a metronome and stay in time through the entire excerpt.
- Make sure you play the correct tempo as marked in the music.
- Review the assignment to determine if it's okay to record with the metronome on.
- If possible, record in a carpeted room with more surfaces to absorb sound (like curtains).
- If necessary, trim the video to eliminate deadspace. However, leave a few seconds before and after you play so your performance isn’t clipped.
- LISTEN to your recording all the way through BEFORE submitting to make sure it sounds the way you want it to. Only submit the best representation of your playing!
- Do everything possible to be impressive, including your tone quality, accuracy, posture, and any other aspect of great musicians.
- Assume this (and future) recordings will be considered when placing you in an ensemble!